Laser optical flow measurement
PIVlab is an easy-to-use Matlab toolbox that calculates velocities in image data (movies, pictures). It uses a method called 'Particle Image Velocimetry'. This method is typically used to calculate velocities in fluids, but there are also many other possibilities. PIVlab is developed by our employee William Thielicke. If you have specific requirements for this software, please feel free to contact us.
Here at OPTOLUTION, we have enhanced PIVlab with the possibility to directly capture images in the PIVlab GUI. Additionally, PIVlab can control the timing of the whole system and control the laser, making PIVlab a complete PIV measurement suite. The required additional hardware (camera, laser, synchronizer) is available at OPTOLUTION.
For a complete, cost-effective PIV System, you will need the following components:
* MATLAB with the MATLAB Image processing toolbox
* Optional: Parallel computing toolbox to boost processing speed
* PIVlab (version 2.50 an higher) for the analysis of the data
* PIVlab SimpleSync wireless synchronizer to control Laser and camera
* Double-pulsed-laser (e.g. Quantel Evergreen 70)
* Camera (e.g. pco.panda 26 DS)
* Light sheet optics (e.g. LSO OPTOLUTION)
* Particles or seeding generator (e.g. Seeding Generator OPTOLUTION)
Information and downloads for PIVlab: